Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sweet!

MASSAGE & COFFEE

KISS'n BAKE

Kiss a Lot of Sweet and Love Bake

Out on a bike ride on the 1st spring-feeling day, I was drawn in by these two shops. I love the way China likes to attack all the senses at once; at the hairdresser someone cuts my hair while someone gives me a massage while a 3rd person offers me tea- green or red- and then progresses to ask me where my boyfriend is. Sometimes it's a little overload. Getting your hair cut or going for a massage is definitely the worst because once you're in the chair or on the table, they've quite literally got you pinned and you are at their mercy. I usually have to strengthen up for these events a few days ahead of time. It's much harder to shrug off questions about men, money and career when you are being held down by four 20 year old guy hairdressers, all with hair that looks like it was run over by the lawnmower. On this warm and fragrant (comparatively speaking) Beijing day however, I felt I could take on anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment