Thursday, April 16, 2009

the other Odette Scott

This week I discovered another Odette Scott. Shocking! My greatest nightmare! I wrote her. Below is our short conversation on Facebook.

April 12 at 8:48pm
this is hilarious. my name is also odette scott!
Are you South African?
I'm American, 27 years old, and I live in Beijing, China, where I'm making films. So nice to meet you! and so weird:>)
Best Wishes,
Odette Scott

April 13 at 6:03pm
Hi, I'm Odette Scott by marriage. You?

April 13 at 7:16pm
Oh, I didn't think of that. No, I'm not married, this is my original name. Do you like it? I think it's a pretty nice name, I like the double Ts, and people in the US usually get Odette wrong but Scott is such an easy name, everyone gets it right.
Is Odette a strange name to have in S. Africa? I've never met anyone named Odette before, besides you. Have you?

April 14 at 1:07pm
I'ts ok I suppose. I have met another Odette before, she was at school with me, but she was Portuguese. I don't live in South Africa. We left SA almost 4 years ago and we are now living in New Zealand. I have 3 children, Dana 21, Natalie 16 and Robert 6.
Take care

1 comment: